Keeping P.A.C.E. | March + April 2022
THE PACE OF THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Spring has definitely sprung here at P.A.C.E. and our brilliant student body is keeping us on our toes. We have been honoured to have several thought-provoking guest speakers and lots of innovative class units. We are so excited to step into the final two months of the 2021/2022 school year!
Let’s explore what has been happening at P.A.C.E. this spring!
MARCH + APRIL HIGHLIGHTS
Our grade 3 logic class, learned about the art of folding. By learning origami techniques and symbols, they were able to fold themselves some friendly critters to play with!
The grade 5s also wrote “thank you” cards to the people who helped them organize their charity events. Gratitude can move mountains in this world and we are so proud of the grade 5s.
SETTING THE PACE
We have had a wonderfully stimulating start to spring with amazing curriculum, guest speakers and student accomplishments. We are excited as we head into the final two months of the 2021/2022 school year at P.A.C.E! As we approach May and June we look forward to the following:
- May 2-12 – AP Examinations (grades 11 and 12)
- May 6 – Music Festival Rehearsal
- May 11 – Music Festival Recording
- May 12 – University of Waterloo Chem 13 News Exam (grade 12 by invitation only)
- May 18 – University of Waterloo Gauss Mathematics Contest (grades 7 and 8)
- May 19 – University of Waterloo Avogadro Exam (grade 11)
- May 20 – P.A.C.E.Masquerade (student council formal)
- May 23 – Victoria Day (school closed)
- May 26 – Medieval Times (grade 4)
- May 27 – House Day (grades 1-8)
- June 6 – Canada’s Wonderland Music Festival (grades 7-11)
- June 9-15 – Final Examinations (grades 9-12)
- June 14 – Year-end Field Trips (grades 1-8)
- June 15 – School Year Ends (school closes at 12:00 p.m.)
- June 20 – Final Examinations Takeup Day (9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – grades 9-12)