KEEPING P.A.C.E. | JANUARY 2020
THE PACE OF THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
This month our grades 9 to 12 students participated in this school year’s 4th contest held by the Canadian National Mathematics League. These math contests gives students an educationally enriching opportunity to participate in an academically-oriented activity and to gain recognition for mathematical achievement. These are challenging and stimulating contests and we can’t wait for the 5th contest in February.
THE PACE OF HIGHER LEVEL THINKING AND PERSONAL GROWTH
Grade 5s explored the Community Safety Village of York Region. Here students explored bullying, emergency safety and fire safety to further enhance their understanding of factors leading to good health and well-being.
Our grade 1s travelled to the Ontario Science Centre to complement their theme unit on buildings and structures. Our students engaged in an interactive workshop all about balance, stability and shape. It was a wonderful adventure, as always!
THE PACE OF ARTS
January was full of artistic expressions from our students.
Students participating in our co-instructional Musical Theatre and Ballet programs led by Ms. Fuller and Rachel Ross, respectively, put on a creative, passionate and light-hearted performance of Mary Poppins this month. It was ‘delightful’ just like Mary Poppins herself.
Grade 9 theatre students, who have been rehearsing Mr. Obradovic’s adaptation of the classic, Wizard of Oz since November of 2019, presented the play to grades 1 to 3 students this month. This performance was a wonderful way to introduce our younger students to our higher level theatre program.
THE PACE OF ATHLETICS
January scored with our more senior students as we faced off with many teams:
- Our U20 girls Volleyball team volleyed with Whitefield Christian School and A.R.S. Armenian School
- Our U20 boys basketball team was busy this month facing off with Toronto Waldorf School, St.Maurice School, Whitefield Christian School and Royal Crown Academic School
SETTING THE PACE FOR FEBRUARY 2020
Following a busy start to our new decade, we are ready to dive into more higher learning opportunities for our students. Mark your calendars!
- February 2: Session 2 Co-instructional programs begin
- February 6-9: University of Toronto Model United Nations (UTMUN)
- February 7-9: DECA Provincials
- February 17: Family Day, P.A.C.E will be closed for the holiday
- February 26: National Theatre School Festival
- February 28: Term 3 begins
Beginning in February we will be updating our Facebook calendar with all the exciting events that are upcoming, be sure to check it out.